2023 park assist error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron22

Reaction score
Winter hit and now I get the center warning light on park assist. Where is the sensor located to make sure it is not built up with snow or ice. Triggers every time I hit brake, and seat vibrates.
IMG_9188.jpeg

Oshkash

Reaction score
We have a brand new 2024 Equinox. And in back by the spare tire compartment. There is a cloth cover that is made to go on the bottom part of the front grill to protect the sensors.

Ron22

Reaction score
We have a brand new 2024 Equinox. And in back by the spare tire compartment. There is a cloth cover that is made to go on the bottom part of the front grill to protect the sensors.
I have the winter cover also. Only use 32F/OC And below. Looks more like blocking off some of the cooling system then protecting sensors.

ricklack

Reaction score
I have the winter cover also. Only use 32F/OC And below. Looks more like blocking off some of the cooling system then protecting sensors.
You are right, it is to protect the turbo intercooler from freezing. Mine did not come with this, so I bought one. It was @ $20 CAD.

The sensors are easily spotted on the bumpers, they are those small round circles on each corner and in the center of the bumpers.

From 22 manual, I would expect little difference:

"The vehicle may be equipped with Front and
Rear Park Assist (FRPA) or Rear Park Assist
(RPA). Under certain conditions, the Park
Assist system can assist the driver during
backing and parking maneuvers when the
vehicle is driven at no more than 9 km/h
(6 mph). An illuminated indicator in the Park
Assist button indicates the system is ready.
Sensors located in the bumpers measure the
distance between the vehicle and objects
using sonar technology. These sensors are
designed to detect certain objects up to
2.5 m (8 ft) behind and 1.2 m (4 ft) in front of
your vehicle that are taller than
25 cm (10 in).
Different environmental conditions may
affect whether and how far the Park Assist
system can detect objects. Keep the sensors
clean of mud, dirt, snow, ice, and slush; and
clean sensors after a car wash in freezing
temperatures. Sensors that are not clean
may not detect objects or may cause the
system to alert when not required."

It sounds like your sensor or associated electronics need servicing, as I would expect your already tried cleaning the bumpers.

Members online

No members online now.