The 2023 Equinox makes a great little camper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtieguy

Reaction score
This little Equinox can make a great little camper. Now, you're not going to get a walk-around style camper, and I will admit, it can be a little cramped at times. But for a get-away on the fly, it is different. Just be advised that if you and your partner are a little on the beefy side, it can be challenging. But hey, my wife and I are going on 80 in a few more years, and getting in and out did have us looking at each other with this ... "Boy, wait till we tell our granddaughters how grandpa and grandma spent this weekend." Below are a few pictures how we setup the sleeping arrangements. Just a side note - waking up at 3am to visit the rest room has two things going for it. First, every light in the darn car goes on and it's "show time." So be prepared to have the windows blocked off. Seond, if you don't hit the "unlock" button on your keypad, the horn goes off, which follows a few campers yelling out... "hey guy, it's 3am ya know... have a heart!"Equinox bed.jpg
Equinox bid - 2.jpg

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
If you switch the light switch to off it should keep the lights off when opening the door or trunk.

bowtieguy

Reaction score
If you switch the light switch to off it should keep the lights off when opening the door or trunk.
We're still experimenting with this arrangement. It gets a little snug, and finding the keypad and a flash light before popping open the back hatch, can be tricky. We bought a rear panel privacy pullout thing, that stretches across the back, and we used that as a shelf to place our keypad and flash light on, but then that was a hassle removing it to slide out. We tried to use the doors, but swinging the legs around was an experiment in what a pretzel goes through. I thought I figured everything out by pushing a cushion from a popup camper that someone gave us, up on the space between the two front seat head rests, the darn cushion fell back into the middle of the two headrests ... which in turn had my keypad finding its way between the console and the driver;s seat. The entire experience me thinking this was turning into a Greek Tragedy. So, I settled back in, pulled the covers over, and resigned myself to a good night sleep just the way things were.... then the Mrs. got into snoring fit like the Orange Blossom Special. At that point .... Motel 6 wasn't looking all that bad.

SteveK

Reaction score
Have you tried with heads at the hatch end. Side door access would be easier.

Members online

No members online now.