SD Card Removed Error - does this automatically disable usb ports?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dayin

Reaction score
I'm looking for someone to confirm if removing the SD card in a 2020+ Equniox causes the USB ports for Android Auto to become disabled. For instance, I'm recovering the error (started intermittently, now it's constant) and the USB ports under the card to not power devices, nor is there a data connection for Android Auto. The lighting around the ports will flicker once every five seconds or so I'm a never-ending cycle. Does this happen if a card is removed from any vehicle or are these separate issues?

I'm also wondering if it's worth seeing if a dealership will let me swap sd cards with a vehicle on their lot just to see if it the condition above happens or if the problem resolves on my vehicle (that is, are the cards formatted for use in one vehicle only?)

Thanks,

Dave

ricklack

Reaction score
When my SD card failed, the USB ports below still worked.

The lights flickering indicate there is a connection issue which may very well by why the SD Card is not working, in addition to the USB ports. I would check the manual to see which fuse supplies power to these ports and reseat and/or replace it.

If that doesn't fix it, then it will be harder to isolate. If you are still under warranty, it's Chevy's problem, let them fix it.

Dayin

Reaction score
When my SD card failed, the USB ports below still worked.

The lights flickering indicate there is a connection issue which may very well by why the SD Card is not working, in addition to the USB ports. I would check the manual to see which fuse supplies power to these ports and reseat and/or replace it.

If that doesn't fix it, then it will be harder to isolate. If you are still under warranty, it's Chevy's problem, let them fix it.
Thanks. I reseated the fuses. Removed and swapped the USB fuse, which wasn't connected to the LEDs. It's looking more and more complex. Still under warranty, thankfully.

Dayin

Reaction score
T
Found THIS in another post. Might be related
Thanks. 2020 equniox here but maybe related? I'd like to try swapping the SD card if they're not vehicle-specific.

It's looking rather certain that the problem comes and goes with warmer temperatures. Heading into the winter I'm wondering if I'll be over on mileage by the time summer comes back around and I see it again. If it's the case then I'll be assuming it's a connection. I haven't seen clues online suggesting how to access the wire harness connectors... I'd just like to reseat them all but reaching them may be a task in itself. Best-case scenario the problem starts again and I can get it into a dealership soon.

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
Where is there an SD card slot? I have a 2019 LT and a 2022 LT and have never noticed an SD Card slot. Is this internal in the radio?

ricklack

Reaction score
Where is there an SD card slot? I have a 2019 LT and a 2022 LT and have never noticed an SD Card slot. Is this internal in the radio?
The SD Card slot is below the climate controls near the USB and 12V power outlet. If you do not have built in Navigation, you probably don't have this slot. The SD Card has the Nav maps on it.

Members online