2021 1.5 turbo premier equinox fluctuates till warmed up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

apache snow

Reaction score
Engine idles rough and tach varies till warmed up then idles smooth. Any ideas. Thanks so much

apache snow

Reaction score
Ok just drove around the block and the traction control light came on. Says service ESC. Idle is rough. The car only has 14,000 miles. Could it be the coil pack or spark plugs.

Last edited:

apache snow

Reaction score
OK, hooked up a scanner and I have 2 codes. PO171 lean fuel trim on bank 1 and PO 50D, cold start rough idle. The PO171 is probable an air leak some where. Don't see any vacuum hoses loose. I'm beginning to think its a fuel injector causing the lean condition.

Last edited:

ricklack

Reaction score
Time to take it to the dealer for warranty repair.

apache snow

Reaction score
I cant get in to the dealer for two weeks. They are backed up. I do have an appointment. I was just wondering if it was something I could fix.

apache snow

Reaction score
OK, update on this problem. Took the car to the dealer first week of November. Codes were P0171. P0300 and P0133. They said they couldn't duplicate any problems with these codes., Erased the codes and told me well the codes are not there now. I said they were when I brought it in and you erased them.
Fast forward to today. All the codes were back, and the car was running rough. Took in in and threw a small fit and they replaced the upstream 02 sensor and its now running as it should. These dealers don't want to do anything any more. The car only has 15,000 miles on it.

ricklack

Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed but it sucks you had to go back and fight to get it done.

Members online

No members online now.