Codes p700 + 2821 2.0L Premier suddenly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilsongone

Reaction score
Hello and sorry to jump right in. My 2018 Equinox Premier 2.0L T FWD has failed with all lights (CEL, Stabilitrack, etc) is in Limp mode. Onstar reports 3 codes P300 (General misfire) P700 (TCM) and P2821 (Pressure control solenoid stuck on). Car runs super rough, but seems to shift (although it acts like in limp mode). I dropped it at the dealer...(stealer) ...and they want.....hold on you your seats....$10,500 to fix this issue. I am more than a little concerned that this is just way out of line? Perhaps I can just change the pressure solenoid and it might be OK? Or do we really think this car is toast?
I am of the opinion that perhaps I just change the solenoid and clear the codes and off we go, but this thing does have 225K on it, so ?
Any advice?

Big Papi

Reaction score
What were they proposing as a repair? Keep in mind a dealerships business model does not allow for extensive diagnosis but geared more to fast turnaround and profit. Go get a second opinion.

Wilsongone

Reaction score
What were they proposing as a repair? Keep in mind a dealerships business model does not allow for extensive diagnosis but geared more to fast turnaround and profit. Go get a second opinion.
Indeed this seems to be a case of not looking too deeply on the dealership dime. They want to purchase a complete new trans. I think I understand why, but this seems overkill for the symptoms?

Lee

Reaction score
Ask if Pressure control solenoid stuck on is related to the vacuum pump. Did the brakes require more than normal pressure?
When the vacuum pump goes it can destroy the head or complete engine.

Wilsongone

Reaction score
I have had it towed home. I will take it apart and get to the bottom of the failure without incurred labor cost. I will post what I find.

Members online

No members online now.