P0014 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisM

Reaction score
I have a P0014 code in a 2017 Equinox LT. I've replaced the intake and exhaust VVT solenoids and changed the oil. I used an OBD tool to erase the code. When I leave the OBD reader hooked up whle the engine idles, the P0014 comes back.

Any suggestions on next steps?

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
It could be oil deposits in the engine. You could try engine flush or mystery oil to see if you could clear the oil passages.

mirageman

Reaction score
There's lots of threads here that discuss lots of different reasons. Unfortunately, it looks like timing chain, cam phaser, and maybe tensioner. Lots of reading for you.

GirlDriver

Reaction score
I have a P0014 code in a 2017 Equinox LT. I've replaced the intake and exhaust VVT solenoids and changed the oil. I used an OBD tool to erase the code. When I leave the OBD reader hooked up whle the engine idles, the P0014 comes back.

Any suggestions on next steps?
You have both a Crankshaft Position Senor and a Camshaft Position Senor the latter you can for sure do yourself. I haven't had to do the crankshaft sensor yet. All I know is it's under the vehicle.

Just get the OEM sensors whether from Rock Auto's website or dealership or other parts store.

This should take care of your code.

Also be sure to clean your throttle body and absolutely your PCV orifice. I figured out the easiest, best way to clean that pinhole good and proper without pulling the air intake manifold. Once you clean it. Every other oil change (should be every 3k miles) to 10,000 miles run CRCs Direct Injection Valve cleaner through your system and you won't ever have to worry about that PCV clogging up again.

Let me know if how you come out. At this moment you definitely need the Camshaft Position Sensor, the Crankshaft may be optional at this time, but it will go eventually too. lol

Never underestimate checking the health of your battery, your fuses and replays in the fuse box.

Members online

No members online now.