2014 equinox code P0191

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

babyequinox

Reaction score
i have a P0191 code in a 2014 equinox. here are the things i change already.

replace fuel pump at the tank
replace high flow fuel pump by the engine
replace throttle body
replace map sensor
replace sensor on the intake manifold
replace the high and low pressure sensor
replace air filter.

idk what else it could be tried everthing related with fuel and nothing yet can someone help me out tired of waste money.

JBR

Reaction score
Sounds like the computer. If it is the computer, buy a new one and have it programmed.

corvairbob

Reaction score
do you know how to test the plug for the fuel pressor sensor? it may not be sending power to the sensor or the ground has failed. you say you replaced the high and low pressure sensors. i think there is also one located back on the drivers side behind the trans on the inner fender i found a YT one showing that sensor but here is a site the tells how to trouble shoot that code.
here is that link https://www.engine-codes.com/p0191.html

also you did not say you changed out the fuel filter that can do this also here is that link https://toolsbible.com/p0191-chevy-equinox/

good luck and let us know how it goes

GirlDriver

Reaction score
It's your Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor - you have to pull the air intake manifold to get to the fuel rail if it's like my car. Unless you have a V6, we have the same engine.

While you're on the fuel rail, you might as well change out your fuel injectors while you're there if you have over 80k on the clock. Your gas mileage will really improve.

Also be sure to clean out your PCV orifice too if you never have. It's on the back wall of the air intake manifold, so since you have to pull that anyway, great time to clean everything up!!

Let me know if replacing that sensor fixes your ill!!

P.S. Replacing those sensors is never a waste, they do not last forever and now you won't be freaking out on the road when the old one finally gave out! ; )

Members online