new here, 2013 equinox need help getting different codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ando

Reaction score
Hello, for awhile been having issue where when i start up it the car would da da da (pardon my bad description) but if i turn the key not all the way way a few sec than start no issue than had a check engine light and i was having trouble with my car shutting off/stalling had the code for the intake/exhaust solenoid had that replaced and the problem went away.
Than about few weeks - month later check engine came on again code was saying it was low efficiency on the catalytic converter and secondary code p0446 for the evap for a week or 2 than cleared it see if it came back again the catalytic converter code was gone,
but now it still giving me the p0446 code for the evap purge vent valve circuit and also a p0011 code appeared for the intake camshaft bank 1, the entire time been having to start up my not turn key all the way a few sec than start have also noticed feel rough at time when press the gas feels like the car shaking when idle and their is a smell of gas.
Why is it i keep getting different codes been told it could be grounding somewhere or is it the evap or something else.

ps. battery was changed about couple 2-3 months ago and have 30k miles.

NOX4ME

Reaction score
Check the fuel pressure at the high-pressure fuel pump. You should always turn the key to the ON position without starting the engine. Give it a few seconds then start the engine. This will allow fuel to purge from the fuel tank so that when you do start the engine and the high-pressure fuel pump will take over as the camshaft begins to turn.

corvairbob

Reaction score
ok miles on the car if it is getting 150 to 200k it may be the timing chain issues starting up. the p0011 could be the phaser on the intake. they break and then that cam starts with codes

the purge code means the purge valve is having issues
the shaking may be misfires and the gas smell is from unburned gas and that can cause the car code plus the low efficiency code. are any codes p0300/1/2/3/4 that is misfiring p0200/1/2/3/4 i think are injector codes so fix them

so fix one code at a time. if it has tons of miles then and your not much for car repairs then check around for a car guy and hook up for repairs. look for nextdoor.com and get on that site for your area and then ask for a local car guy recommendations the people on that forum will tell you where they go and more than likey a local car guy will contact you for help

Members online

No members online now.