Limp mode + misfire, bad gas????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackallison

Reaction score
Gonna keep it short and sweet as possible. 15 LT 2.4 oil consumption problem, 98,5xx. Catch can, k&n filters, and the pcv screw mod into intake mani. Got a full tank of gas, after running it almost empty. Drive it about a mile home and as im backing into the driveway it freaks out and limp mode. Service stabilitrak, CEL, everything. Its in park at that point so i take it back up the street to see and definitely limping, only using first gear and 3k max so only 15mph. Get to a complete stop and it’s misfiring like crazy to the point where my head is vibrating against the headrest. Turn it off to restart it and it takes 5 full seconds to turn over. No misfire but still limp mode so i parked it. When i turn it on now it starts up fine, no limp mode or stabilitrak, but still has the CEL but i know they dont clear immediately. Thoughts? Hoping its a severe case of the vvt solenoid as i have a set laying around because its inevitable but man its not looking good. Forums looking pretty vague because the stabilitrak and cel is kinda ambiguous but whatever. Any help? Thanks :)

Edit: b4 people ask. I clean the throttle body regularly, recently 5 days ago. Ngk super iridium plugs are abt 3k miles old. About 3k miles on this oil change. New k&n air filter and i made sure pcv is unclogged. My back left TPMS has gone out but i so highly doubt thats at all related but who knows with these cars lmao.

jackallison

Reaction score
Update: out of limp mode, code read, high pressure fuel sensor thats on the fuel rail. Interesting!

samuel205880

Reaction score
Did you ever find the issue? Did you end up changing the rail pressure sensor?

Members online

No members online now.