2019 Equinox LT 2.0T Redline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WrightTD

Reaction score
My wife States her equinox keeps saying to service esc brake and brake assist and parking brake. He back brakes are pretty worn and I'm planning to replace them ASAP. Wondering if changing the brakes should solve all those messages? Also my wife says her equinox has poor throttle we response, could this be the system detecting brakes need done? Last issue is the shifter gets stuck and she has to go back into park and move again to the drive mode she desires. Is there away to service the shifter or is this a replace the while shifter unit kind of deal? And help is greatly appreciated.

WrightTD

Reaction score
Yeah, that's a good point with dash lights, I'll get the battery checked to cross that off.

SteveK

Reaction score
ummm, you said back brakes are badly worn and you are getting messages about it. Acceleration issue. Sounds like parking brake is not disengaging.
Why not get that done asap before looking for other issues?

WrightTD

Reaction score
ummm, you said back brakes are badly worn and you are getting messages about it. Acceleration issue. Sounds like parking brake is not disengaging.
Why not get that done asap before looking for other issues?
I literally said I was going to do the brakes asap. Anyways the battery was bad, and the brakes are changed now. Now all I have is the shifter issue. Does anyone know if these usually just need greased or is it better to just replace the shifter module?

SteveK

Reaction score
You post Friday and have it done Sunday morning, You are fast!
So did it remove the messages. How many miles? I have a 2019 and none of these issues at 86K KM

WrightTD

Reaction score
So forgot to put a final update on here. The battery was bad which caused some weird electrical anomalies. 1. Anomaly was all the dash messages. 2. Is the park brake was set, even though we don't use it here in Florida. This maybe a safety systme thing from doing some quick reading. 3. The shifter was locking out, I guess for a safety system for the battery issue. My wife preceeded to drive with park brake on and forcing the shifter into gear. The new battery solved most of the issues. Rear brakes needed done, so that was routine. The shifter is still rough but some silicon spray lubricant has helped.

Members online