2019 2.0 Premier Park to Drive gear delay of 3-5 seconds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markgws6

Reaction score
Hey, has anyone had this happen with the 9 speed? Go from park to D, and the thing just sits there revving and not moving for like 3-5 seconds? Happens cold or warmed up.
I've already have the trans fluid replaced and the diff fluid also (it's an AWD). Also sometimes shifts hard from like 2-3 or 3-4th at low rpms (when already in gear and accelerating from a stop).
Any suggestions what it could be?
Thanks.

Jim610

Reaction score
I have a 22 Premier with the 6 speed. If I shift into reverse while on an incline the Hill Start Assist feature delays any movement for a few seconds. The delay is adjustable. Standard hold or Extended hold. Both are annoying but I'm learning to live with it. I just wait a couple of seconds (while in Standard Hold) before applying the gas. This would be a nice feature with a manual transmission but with an auto I wish I could turn it off. Otherwise a very nice ride.

Jim610

Reaction score
BTW The reason I specifically mentioned it happens when shifting into reverse is the only place I shift on an incline is backing up my driveway. I imagine it would happen if I shifted into D on an incline.

markgws6

Reaction score
BTW The reason I specifically mentioned it happens when shifting into reverse is the only place I shift on an incline is backing up my driveway. I imagine it would happen if I shifted into D on an incline.
Well I'm pretty sure it's like in N though, as the car starts rolling freely but not reponding to throttle input. I've had it happen on flat surfaces too. With the hill start, isn't it supposed to apply the brake though and then automatically lift off the brake to hold the car? If so, this is not what's happening to me as the car is like as if it's in N and starts rolling (no gear and rolling without pressing the brake and the engine is free to rev).

Members online

No members online now.