2021 equinox premier draining battery issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigbadbow

Reaction score
So my new to me 2021 premier with all the boxes checked sans towing and 2.0 had a battery drain issue that looks like it’s not fixed. The dealer replaced the battery and said it had a “bad cell” but I’m thinking it has a intermittent cold weather stays open circuit. I opened the tailgate from the remote at 6:30am and than closed it (by the tailgate button) and I though I had locked it. Came out at 4:00pm and the car wouldn’t remote start? Tried the unlock but car was already open tried to start it and everything was dead. Checked the battery with a volt meter and it showed 4 volts basically losing 2/3rd of its voltage capacity in 10 hours or so? Jumped it with my jeep and 1st it took forever to allow me to even start it but while waiting it kept flashing the Cadillac logo on the info screen and than after starting it I got a “calibrate device” screen and it was locked. Any techs get on here? My gut is it will show up again as this is the second battery in 12 months and only 23 months of service it was in the upper 20’s when this occurred.67AA4733-6E11-416B-A1E0-FBF208EB28E3.jpeg

ricklack

Reaction score
Yikes. Isolating an electrical drain is a pain in the ass and super time consuming. If it is still under warranty I would let the dealer sort it out. This is not a common issue judging from posts here and another forum I belong to.

It IS possible, no matter how unlikely, that you got another bad battery.

Sorry I don't have much useful advice but a trickle charger might help. Yes, you should not need to do this, but you could get one for a reasonable price to get you through until you find the problem.

Allchevy

Reaction score
I wish I had more encourageing input but electrical drains are tough. My 3015 Cruze had a drain issue. 3 dead batteries in 2 years. Chevy found nothing wrong. They replaced the battery under warranty but when the warranty ran out I was on my own. You can have them chase it but when the warranty rings out you're on your own. I dumped the Cruze for a Nox.

Members online