New Member 2018 Premier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chef Duane

Reaction score
Hello All! New member Chef Duane here (yes, I am a real Chef, got the degree and everything). I have 'inherited' a 2018 Premier 1.5L 46k miles white w/ black leather interior, under not so happy circumstances. My very sick wife passed away a few weeks ago and rather than keep my 2011 Ford Edge w/ 157k miles on it I sold it and decided to keep the Equinox. Not sure how long I'll decide to keep it (always been a Ford guy) but with the life changes that have recently happened dealing with an older car is the last thing I need and I don't need 2 cars. The Eq runs great, has no mechanical/body/electrical issues, and is really a nice car. And it's paid for! I live in Plano, TX. a suburb of Dallas and will be 64 in March and am thinking about retiring. Probably retiring. At any rate, that's my story.

That said, I do have a few questions and comments about the Equinox:

1. Any recommendations on a dash cover? The Texas summer can play hell on a black dash and I've always had a dash cover. I see them on Amazon anywhere from $15.99 to $89.99. I'm leaning towards CoverKing. Comments?
2. I ordered a retractable cargo cover. Don't like prying eyes on stuff in the back.
3. Already had installed a full set of Husky Floor Liners for my wife. F/R/Cargo.
4. Anyone use window deflectors? I like them because the windows can be cracked when we get hard soaking rains here in Texas. Also, when parked the windows can be cracked so it doesn't get so hot in the car.

I will say that I am surprised at the amount of power the little 1.5L turbo develops. I was a bit skeptical when we bought it but it has a lot more power that I thought. Don't know what the HP & Torque numbers are but I'm pleasantly surprised. But, the sound system really sucks. I had a 10 speaker Bose system in my Edge Limited and it was great. The Equinox is quite bad, really bad in comparison. Any suggestions on upgrading that would be appreciated.

Any other mods/upgrades that anyone might suggest? I'll do my best to offer anything that I can. And if anyone has any culinary questions, I'm yer' guy!

Chef Duane

Davel

Reaction score
Welcome and sorry for your loss. I'm interested in the wind deflectors too. We are snowbirds and could benefit year round.
We have the 2.0 and warms an old hot rodders heart.
Good luck with your Equinox, Dave.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Hello All! New member Chef Duane here (yes, I am a real Chef, got the degree and everything). I have 'inherited' a 2018 Premier 1.5L 46k miles white w/ black leather interior, under not so happy circumstances. My very sick wife passed away a few weeks ago and rather than keep my 2011 Ford Edge w/ 157k miles on it I sold it and decided to keep the Equinox. Not sure how long I'll decide to keep it (always been a Ford guy) but with the life changes that have recently happened dealing with an older car is the last thing I need and I don't need 2 cars. The Eq runs great, has no mechanical/body/electrical issues, and is really a nice car. And it's paid for! I live in Plano, TX. a suburb of Dallas and will be 64 in March and am thinking about retiring. Probably retiring. At any rate, that's my story.

That said, I do have a few questions and comments about the Equinox:

1. Any recommendations on a dash cover? The Texas summer can play hell on a black dash and I've always had a dash cover. I see them on Amazon anywhere from $15.99 to $89.99. I'm leaning towards CoverKing. Comments?
2. I ordered a retractable cargo cover. Don't like prying eyes on stuff in the back.
3. Already had installed a full set of Husky Floor Liners for my wife. F/R/Cargo.
4. Anyone use window deflectors? I like them because the windows can be cracked when we get hard soaking rains here in Texas. Also, when parked the windows can be cracked so it doesn't get so hot in the car.

I will say that I am surprised at the amount of power the little 1.5L turbo develops. I was a bit skeptical when we bought it but it has a lot more power that I thought. Don't know what the HP & Torque numbers are but I'm pleasantly surprised. But, the sound system really sucks. I had a 10 speaker Bose system in my Edge Limited and it was great. The Equinox is quite bad, really bad in comparison. Any suggestions on upgrading that would be appreciated.

Any other mods/upgrades that anyone might suggest? I'll do my best to offer anything that I can. And if anyone has any culinary questions, I'm yer' guy!

Chef Duane
Sorry to hear about your wife. My 18 nox has a Bose system, maybe you could get the speakers from a wrecked donor. I use a plasticolor sun shield from Amazon. It isn't high end, but it helps with the dash damage.

Members online

No members online now.