Warranty And Reimbursement Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kurama

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a newbie here. Have a 2010 Equinox with ~42,000 miles on it. I recently had an issue with it during a road trip which ended up with me spending $300 to fix, but not really fixing it; leaving it at a dealership 250 miles from home, staying in a hotel, renting a car to get to my destination and a week later renting another car to get me back, another hotel stay before picking up my car which had the timing chain fixed under warranty (fingers crossed).

Anyway as a result of all this, I have been closely looking over the warranties. I have seen/read/heard that the warranty was extended on the vehicle and in fact do find two "special" warranties listed; 12313 and 14159 . I learned a bit about 12313 from this forum but can find nothing about 14159.

I called the Chevy Customer Assistance number to inquire about these warranties and reimbursement for my expenses. While the gent did take down some info and promised to forward it to the service manager at my dealership there was no satisfaction when in came to info about the warranties and even more annoying, no way to get a claim submission form.

I find it amazing that in this day of instant communication with my local pizza guy, I can't get a multinational corporation to email me the warranties or the reimbursement form, or at the very least direct me to a website where I can print them myself! CRAZY!!! Customer service FAIL!

Anyway, now that I"ve ranted, does anyone have any additional info about these warranties and what exactly they cover? Especially #14159?

Thanks so much for any assistance!

kastner03

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a newbie here. Have a 2010 Equinox with ~42,000 miles on it. I recently had an issue with it during a road trip which ended up with me spending $300 to fix, but not really fixing it; leaving it at a dealership 250 miles from home, staying in a hotel, renting a car to get to my destination and a week later renting another car to get me back, another hotel stay before picking up my car which had the timing chain fixed under warranty (fingers crossed).

Anyway as a result of all this, I have been closely looking over the warranties. I have seen/read/heard that the warranty was extended on the vehicle and in fact do find two "special" warranties listed; 12313 and 14159 . I learned a bit about 12313 from this forum but can find nothing about 14159.

I called the Chevy Customer Assistance number to inquire about these warranties and reimbursement for my expenses. While the gent did take down some info and promised to forward it to the service manager at my dealership there was no satisfaction when in came to info about the warranties and even more annoying, no way to get a claim submission form.

I find it amazing that in this day of instant communication with my local pizza guy, I can't get a multinational corporation to email me the warranties or the reimbursement form, or at the very least direct me to a website where I can print them myself! CRAZY!!! Customer service FAIL!

Anyway, now that I"ve ranted, does anyone have any additional info about these warranties and what exactly they cover? Especially #14159?

Thanks so much for any assistance!

c56f043046b6cb2307ba4f205f573c2e.jpg
14159 is for excessive oil consumption i believe it’s extended to 120k miles/ 10 years they replace the pistons and rings free of charge if the vehicle is using excessive oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.