Very exciting ! Equinox Wastegate and BOV upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave's World

Reaction score
I had a lot of people contact me so I can come up with some upgrades for the Equinox. I've been working on these for months and I hope everyone is as excited as I am to see these parts!

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
Nice video. What are you real world gains out of these? How is it affecting fuel economy? Any idea what the average miles are that you are seeing the wastegate fail?

Dave's World

Reaction score
Nice video. What are you real world gains out of these? How is it affecting fuel economy? Any idea what the average miles are that you are seeing the wastegate fail?
Hello. So far from testing a bunch of wastegates they start getting weak at about 8,000 miles and a full failure around 15,000 miles. What starts to happen is internally they get weaker and weaker. Instead of the truck maintaining a specific boost level it gets erratic. Most Equinox owners are not running a boost gauge so it's not seen visually. And over time the truck gets progressively slower. But it typically goes unnoticeable because its gradual. When the truck would command let's say for example 17 PSI it may only be producing 12 psi. Less boost is less HP. Also, a weak wastegate will fluctuate. So, it may help the turbo produce boost but when it starts getting hot or under a higher load it will move around causing the boost to ramp up and down. But the truck has such little power to begin with it just feels "sluggish". When you replace it with one of these wastegates the boost becomes more precise. The fluctuating stops. This wastegate can set up to help the turbo generate anywhere from 10-35+ PSI and its strong enough that it will not become weak like and OEM turbo over time. The increase in boost gives the truck more power. This wastegate a diverter and a tune will gain these trucks a big increase in power. Also, if you're looking for better MPG they can be adjusted for that as well.

Members online