Side view mirror replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paniller

Reaction score
My buddy clipped the passenger side view mirror last night. There's a scratch in the paint, which is no big deal. The problem is a piece cracked on the bottom side of the folding joint, the stalk side. So, it doesn't seem to want to lock back in. So, maybe you guys can answer a few questions for me.

1) Can you easily dismantle/unlock the joint, so I can use her top painted half, and a new generic black bottom half?
2) She has a 07, with power mirrors. Are they all pretty much universal, or is there a certain style I should look for, and others to avoid.
3) Any links to replacement? I'm guessing just some hidden screws, then the door panels pop off like other cars?

Also, it's the tan/bronze color if anyone knows of one complete assembly for sale.

Thanks in advance for any help.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I can get you direct links later but I will give you a couple places to check in the meantime.

First of all always check craigslist.org or ebay...

I use www.gmpartsdirect.com for most of my OE parts replacement.

Another thing to try is calling the dealer with you Vin. Ask for the part number of the item you need replaced search using the part number on google. Sometimes you can find the best deals that way.

You can paint it but if it were me I would replace it so that it is 100% functional.

Members online