2022 LT Mirror blind spot light replacement instructions video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

in2ndo

Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone knows where I can find an instructions video to replace the turn signal light on the driver side mirror of a 2022 Equinox LT? haven't been able to find it on google.

TIA.

Last edited:

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Hi,

It looks like you need to replace the mirror glass. It is all one unit with the heater and blind spot light built into the mirror. It may not be the light. It could be the sensors aren't working properly, so it will not light.

in2ndo

Reaction score
Hi,

It looks like you need to replace the mirror glass. It is all one unit with the heater and blind spot light built into the mirror. It may not be the light. It could be the sensors aren't working properly, so it will not light.
Thanks for the reply. But no. The light is sold on its own by the dealer and can be replaced on its own. Since I haven’t been able to find the instructions in how to open the casing. Went and got a quote from the dealer. I laughed on his face when he quoted me over 500 bucks just to replace the light. And over 1200 if the whole mirror has to be replaced. The dealer sells the light for 135 bucks and the whole mirror for a little over 500.
Found a place that will replace the light for 140 bucks with an original light bulb. Guy said it’ll take about 20 minutes. Now just waiting for the light that he already ordered.
Oh and the light is broken, because the wife backed into the garage and cracked it.

in2ndo

Reaction score
Are you talking about the light in the mirror glass or the turn indicator on the mirror housing?
Completely forgot about that. I’m talking about the turn signal light in the mirror casing. Going to check if I can edit my post. Thanks.

in2ndo

Reaction score
No worries. I can't find anything either. Only videos that replace the entire mirror.
That’s all I found too. But 140 bucks is not bad at all with parts and installation. The cheapest I found the lightbulb online was 65 bucks plus 25 for shipping.. lol. That’s from the GM parts center website.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
That’s all I found too. But 140 bucks is not bad at all with parts and installation. The cheapest I found the lightbulb online was 65 bucks plus 25 for shipping.. lol. That’s from the GM parts center website.
Yep, not bad.

Members online

No members online now.