Sick of "tin can" look....Try this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevygirl32

Reaction score
Ok hold the phone! Is that an Sidi Nox? I thought that the new body style did not come in a duel exhaust? That's why my eye is on the Edge Sport.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Mine is dual exhaust too! The exhaust sounds pretty good too! I am reminded of the sound of some of those Infinities.

If you use engine paint it will hold up pretty well. I would imagine wiping it down with acetone would be helpful as well as painting it while it is cool.

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
I would have to agree, the Exhaust does have a nice throaty note to it. I think the LTZ is pretty sporty, As long as you get the chrome appearance package too i think it looks great. I also added a nice Chrome Grille insert i found on Ebay that keeps the same honeycomb look. I think the only other thing that would make it more sporty would be a nice turbo. HAHA but i know i'm dreaming there.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I would have to agree, the Exhaust does have a nice throaty note to it. I think the LTZ is pretty sporty, As long as you get the chrome appearance package too i think it looks great. I also added a nice Chrome Grille insert i found on Ebay that keeps the same honeycomb look. I think the only other thing that would make it more sporty would be a nice turbo. HAHA but i know i'm dreaming there.

Doesn't yours have the 3.6 or is that coming in the 13'?

I would love to see a Turbo diesel in these rides but that is probably beyond dreaming...

1sLoY7

Reaction score
You can always turbo your ride. Go for an STS universal kit and see if any of the custom tuning software out is able to unlock the ECU and you would be golden. I bet she would scat after that little install.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Hey everyone who has painted their muffler, how has the paint held up this far?

I was going to do a year follow-up on this, but I ended up getting rid of the Nox. When I traded it in, the paint still looked wonderful, it held up. I used engine primer then a semi-gloss black, the muffer exhaust shield (which is what we are painting) doesnt get that hot, especially compared to the temp's the paint is designed for (500 degrees irc). It blended very nicely with the black granite.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Doesn't yours have the 3.6 or is that coming in the 13'?

I would love to see a Turbo diesel in these rides but that is probably beyond dreaming...

I have the 3.0L if i would of known the 3.6L was coming for 13 i would of held off a bit longer. The 3.0 doesn't do a bad job. Its a little slow off the line for my liking. 2nd however doesn't shift till 70-75 pedal to the floor, and can push you into your seat nicely.

Its taken a bit to get used to the gearing and not having the manual shift mode i had in the G6 GTP.

I've only had two complaints with the Nox the 3.0 which is getting upgraded to the 3.6 next year and the Pioneer 8in dual coil sub which is actually used with the V6 has a pretty weak factory. It would be nice to adjust the sub separate from the other speakers bass setting.

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
You can always turbo your ride. Go for an STS universal kit and see if any of the custom tuning software out is able to unlock the ECU and you would be golden. I bet she would scat after that little install.

As tempting and as awesome as i'm sure it would be. Dropping 2K on a add on that would void my factory warranty would seems short lived on a car i may only have for 3 years.

I love the idea though :) :waytogo:

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I have the 3.0L if i would of known the 3.6L was coming for 13 i would of held off a bit longer. The 3.0 doesn't do a bad job. Its a little slow off the line for my liking. 2nd however doesn't shift till 70-75 pedal to the floor, and can push you into your seat nicely.

Its taken a bit to get used to the gearing and not having the manual shift mode i had in the G6 GTP.

I've only had two complaints with the Nox the 3.0 which is getting upgraded to the 3.6 next year and the Pioneer 8in dual coil sub which is actually used with the V6 has a pretty weak factory. It would be nice to adjust the sub separate from the other speakers bass setting.

I saw that they had the 3.6 in the SRX for 2012. They might even had it in 2010 and 2011...

I would like to see what it is like. I know that they also use that engine in the impala!

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
I saw that they had the 3.6 in the SRX for 2012. They might even had it in 2010 and 2011...

I would like to see what it is like. I know that they also use that engine in the impala!

2012 Caddy and Buicks dropped the 3.0L
2013 Nox/Terrain 3.0L deleted from options

Currently in 2012 the only setups that have the 3.0L are the Nox/Terrain

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score

I know for 10-11 in the SRX had the base 3.0L and the sports trim level was a 2.8L turbo.

I love the SRX i'll just keep dreaming about that 3.6 and that full view sunroof!

Members online

No members online now.