Sick of "tin can" look....Try this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Before I go spend some $ on custom exhaust, I wanted to give this a try to see how it works. Completed this weekend, so results are still "ify" right now. Lets see how long it holds up, and if it does in fact get rid of the "tin" look when walking up to the Nox. I had the paint already, if I had to guess this is under $15.00. I would go w/ flat black I think, but I had gloss

Before

DSC01655.jpg

DSC01656.jpg

Primed: Duplicolor Engine Primer

DSC01657.jpg

Finished: Duplicolor Engine Black

DSC01659.jpg

DSC01660.jpg

Last edited:

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
It should hold up very nicely being its engine paint, rated for 500 degree's I believe. I used this on some piping in my ss cobalt a few years ago.

Lenn

Reaction score
I'd think that unless you got the good stuff (RhinoLiner, etc.) the heat would be too much. Maybe not though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
I'd think that unless you got the good stuff (RhinoLiner, etc.) the heat would be too much. Maybe not though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I would wonder the same tbh....never measured how hot it gets, it certainly cannot be hotter then what engine paint is designed for, which is really cheap vs spray-on-liners :)

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
I'm going to have to do that to my Terrain.
Might look at getting BBQ grill paint and seeing how that works.

Lenn

Reaction score
I just thought of something...

Did you protect the underside of the car from overspray at all or did you just go at it with the paint and not worried about underneath?

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
I just thought of something...

Did you protect the underside of the car from overspray at all or did you just go at it with the paint and not worried about underneath?

I protected the bumper when painting the piping going to the exhaust tips (and the tips themselves), but for the muffler and shield I didnt bother :)

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.