Replacement WiperBlades??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mclark10

Reaction score
Yeah keep us updated on what you end up getting. I know how you need good wipers for those Northern winters.

BTW, Welcome to the site and feel free to start a intro thread with a few photos of your ride when you get a chance.

Went back to Autozone and they had a Lattitude with the push button type connector so I bought it. (was in my Camaro so had to go back home to try it). Turns out the button is in a different position and is not changeable. Took it back Saturday (Equinox this time) and we pulled a Bosch Icon and it was the same deal. They didn't carry anything else that actually fit. Went to Advance. They had a bin of connection pieces and the guy found one that was right. It was from a Trico, which they carry. It was the less expensive model but they seem to work ok. Winter will tell. Thanks GM for taking something so simple that has been a staple for decades and altering it for no apparent reason. Anyway, thanks for your welcome and for your help. Here's a pic of my ride and of the OEM wiper setup. If I'm missing something on this let me know. I would prefer a higher quality than Trico next time.

Attachments

• equinox.jpg
    equinox.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 2012-10-25_17-25-43_178.jpg
    2012-10-25_17-25-43_178.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 2012-10-25_17-26-16_744.jpg
    2012-10-25_17-26-16_744.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 9

mclark10

Reaction score
Most auto parts stores website should have a "Replacement Parts" section where you can find parts for your specific vehicle. Any time I need something I use this feature and print out the part numbers and find them in the store myself, instead of asking for help.

Thanks, that's a good feature. Still a little inaccurate for the Lattitudes but the Tricos from Advance were on there. Will definitely go that route in the future when I need parts.:waytogo:

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Went back to Autozone and they had a Lattitude with the push button type connector so I bought it. (was in my Camaro so had to go back home to try it). Turns out the button is in a different position and is not changeable. Took it back Saturday (Equinox this time) and we pulled a Bosch Icon and it was the same deal. They didn't carry anything else that actually fit. Went to Advance. They had a bin of connection pieces and the guy found one that was right. It was from a Trico, which they carry. It was the less expensive model but they seem to work ok. Winter will tell. Thanks GM for taking something so simple that has been a staple for decades and altering it for no apparent reason. Anyway, thanks for your welcome and for your help. Here's a pic of my ride and of the OEM wiper setup. If I'm missing something on this let me know. I would prefer a higher quality than Trico next time.

I am pretty sure there was a piece that came with the Bosch icons I bought that would adapt to the equinox hook up. I bought them and they sat in the garage for a week before I installed them. I bought them from Auto Zone.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD

mswerb

Reaction score
Sweet, My wife's 08 Saturn Outlook uses the same type of blades and need replaced. Trico and Rain-X were the ones that came up on the Advance Auto parts website. Wait until you have to replace the rear wiper. Just buy the refil.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Sweet, My wife's 08 Saturn Outlook uses the same type of blades and need replaced. Trico and Rain-X were the ones that came up on the Advance Auto parts website. Wait until you have to replace the rear wiper. Just buy the refil.

Why? Is it pricy?

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
OK. And we All know how these items can be bottom of the barrel in quality from the dealer.

mswerb

Reaction score
I bought the refill blades for the rear wiper of my wife's 08 Saturn Outlook for $6. they are cut to fit. I can get about 3 refills out of this.
The dealer price is for the whole arm, blade included.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I bought the refill blades for the rear wiper of my wife's 08 Saturn Outlook for $6. they are cut to fit. I can get about 3 refills out of this.
The dealer price is for the whole arm, blade included.

Thanks! I need to find these because the rubber blade on mine is gone!

08PILOT

Reaction score
Just put an Icon on the rear. Book calls for a 15"
(Bosch doesn't make one under 16") but I took a
measurements and it clears so it has a 16" now !

mclark10

Reaction score
Just replaced the rear. Ended up buying a Trico refill. The OEM is 13" long and the Trico is a break to fit 15-22". Used tin snips to cut the metal guides 13". Part # is 47-700 and a pack of 2 was $6.97 at Advance. Any trapezoid type 7mm wide refill should do. Works great and beats paying $25 at the dealer for 1.

islandreamer

Reaction score
How do you change the rear wiper. Car is only 16months and this will be the third one. Thinking the dealer is putting on old stock.
Oh yeah, this is a pain to change out. I got it done following the owner's manual and maybe YouTube but the worst part is that I must have re-installed it where the pivot section of the plastic did not clip well. This caused the tip of the plastic cover on the opposite end to touch the glass. Needless to say, it has left a thin streak on the glass after using it a few times during Titan. What prompted me to check on it was that it was making noises when the wiper made a few sweeps. Oh well...just might have to mess with some whitening toothpaste. And yes, this plastic cover is off for good.

burnbomber

Reaction score
Exact same problem here, on my 2010 Equinox. I replaced the rear OEM wiper--the blade was disintegrating after many years--with a "Popular Mechanics" branded 13" blade. That was a mistake, as it caused the rear blade/holder assembly to scratch the rear glass. It was the plastic cover that scraped, because the new P.M. blade wasn't as deep (top mounting pin to the bottom of the blade) as the original.

I just replaced it again, this time with a Bosch Spectrum Direct blade. It has a 13" conventional blade but with a deeper frame than the P.M. blade. It's very easy to replace, just push a rod of any kind (screwdriver, pencil, whatever)between the blade frame and the Nox's rear plastic arm until the blade frame unsnaps from the plastic arm/cover. Prep the new blade by removing any mounting apparatus, just exposing the center pin that snaps into the plastic arm/cover. A flashlight helps to center the new blade.

The new Bosch Spectrum has a deeper frame and pushes the plastic arm/cover away from the glass, so no more rubbing. Hope this helps somebody out there to avoid scratched rear glass.

Members online