Radio upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oleg1981

Reaction score
they email me that they can't use my account as it is a Canadian one and it won't work in USA. Back to beginning, can't figure out to pay the half of my total cost in shipping.

Will probably order from ebay

so it in wallmart for 65$ :)

prheaume

Reaction score
are you serious bro ? walmart have that ??? Man you make my day!! I was looking to tap a fuse and everything with the straight harness.

I'm gonna make a visit to walmart tomorrow !

prheaume

Reaction score
The one they have for GM is made for vehicules up to 2005. Mine is a 2007. The project will wait a bit anyway, have to replace a front wheel bearing. Will do it myself but the part is expensive!

oleg1981

Reaction score
The one they have for GM is made for vehicules up to 2005. Mine is a 2007. The project will wait a bit anyway, have to replace a front wheel bearing. Will do it myself but the part is expensive!

iv got it from ebay! 50$ shipped!

prheaume

Reaction score
The ones I've found on ebay at that price, if you read the feedbacks of the seller, not sure I want to buy from them lol.

Anyway like I said, I will wait a bit as I have to replace my bearing. Will see after.

oleg1981

Reaction score
The ones I've found on ebay at that price, if you read the feedbacks of the seller, not sure I want to buy from them lol.

Anyway like I said, I will wait a bit as I have to replace my bearing. Will see after.

i have 2 back from primechoise. already almost 2years on a car. and now have in the trunk 2front from prime choise. i think they are exactly the same thro the 2005-2009

prheaume

Reaction score
I've found one for 130$ with a warranty here. Don't have to deal that with someone from ebay wich is a good news. :)

prheaume

Reaction score
Finally did the radio replacement with a single din Sony, with front USB and bluetooth.

Ive made the first try without the harness with the module on it. All working perfectly, windows are opening, cluster, mirror and everything. The only single thing you loose is all chime (door, alert...).

Ive done my second installation with the module as I want to keep the chime and the audioshop where I took my radio had only one left in stock so I negociate it for 30$ :)

prheaume

Reaction score
Finally the pictures of the final results. Tried to have some nice pics with the iphone on evening!

img0146jb.jpg

img0145sk.jpg

prheaume

Reaction score
Had to sent the unit back for warranty, no FM reception.

Drive back to Vermont as the shipping return fees were 8$ from USA or 41$ from Canada.

Drove again to Vermont yesterday to pickup new unit. The exact model I had was backorder so they gave me store credit and I picked up a Pioneer with bluetooth model instead of the basic Sony.

I'll keep you updated soon with pics as it was too cold in Quebec right now to unmount the dash (-38 celcius this morning).

Was a nightmare at the customs but now I'm back home ...

oleg1981

Reaction score
Had to sent the unit back for warranty, no FM reception.

Drive back to Vermont as the shipping return fees were 8$ from USA or 41$ from Canada.

Drove again to Vermont yesterday to pickup new unit. The exact model I had was backorder so they gave me store credit and I picked up a Pioneer with bluetooth model instead of the basic Sony.

I'll keep you updated soon with pics as it was too cold in Quebec right now to unmount the dash (-38 celcius this morning).

Was a nightmare at the customs but now I'm back home ...

good to hear that you got it back and even better :) gotta love Bluetooth streaming!

prheaume

Reaction score
not much for the streaming as I have both ipod and iphone ... I will use the USB connection for the ipod and the bluetooth for the iphone

Members online

No members online now.