Radio upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prheaume

Reaction score
Hi,

I haev a 2007 Nox with the standard Pioneer soundsystem. I'm looking to maybe change the radio, but I have some questions.

Do you have any pics of a single din instalation on a Nox?

Do the radio will control some features that I will loose with an aftermarket radio?

Do the tweeter will still works with an aftermarket radio that is rated to 52w x 4?

thanks

Pascal

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I couldn't find any photos and there are plugs and adapters to keep all your steering wheel controls.

The tweeters should be fine for now but I would save up for new ones later on...

prheaume

Reaction score
I have an amp here that as a blown output .. maybe I will repair it and use it with new speakrs... damn... I don't like talking like that.. it will cost money haha

prheaume

Reaction score
After some months, I get tired of waiting for the perfect deal for my double din radio. I've found something interesting on ebay this afternoon. An Alpine headunit with ipod control, there was no bid on it and it was closing in 30 minutes. So I bit 30$ on a starting bid of 29.50 and get it. Can't wait to get back the ipod control !!

oleg1981

Reaction score
After some months, I get tired of waiting for the perfect deal for my double din radio. I've found something interesting on ebay this afternoon. An Alpine headunit with ipod control, there was no bid on it and it was closing in 30 minutes. So I bit 30$ on a starting bid of 29.50 and get it. Can't wait to get back the ipod control !!

WOW thats very nice. now the hardest and most expensive part! as in 2007 radio is part of bort computer you will have to buy instalation harness for about 70$

prheaume

Reaction score
I've checked with an audio shop next to the dealer where I work:

Metra finition kit : 28$
Wiring harness : 25$
Antenna adapter : 18$

Not that bad for all that stuff. I will just need to find the alpine full speed ipod wire

oleg1981

Reaction score
I've checked with an audio shop next to the dealer where I work:

Metra finition kit : 28$
Wiring harness : 25$
Antenna adapter : 18$

Not that bad for all that stuff. I will just need to find the alpine full speed ipod wire

this what you need.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2008-2...ltDomain_0&hash=item5addf5c09d#ht_1687wt_1064
if they will hook up the radio without that you will loose:
Warning Chimes

Folding Mirrors (Including Reverse)

Park Assist (Front/Rear)

Heated Seats

AC Fan Speed

Turn Signal

its very easy to test! take out the radio and try to ride the car. ist very easy to take out the radio. everething is on the clips.

prheaume

Reaction score
I don't think I need this as I don't have all that stuff you listed.

my folding mirrors are not automatic, I have electric mirror but the folding part is manual, I don't have park assist, heated seats or automatic fan speed as well.

I have a LS base model with the AWD.

that is why I only need the 25$ wiring harness according to the shop

oleg1981

Reaction score
I don't think I need this as I don't have all that stuff you listed.

my folding mirrors are not automatic, I have electric mirror but the folding part is manual, I don't have park assist, heated seats or automatic fan speed as well.

I have a LS base model with the AWD.

that is why I only need the 25$ wiring harness according to the shop

test it. its easy!

prheaume

Reaction score
I've checked on mitchell on demand for the wiring diagram. But damn, I don't like the idea of paying 80 buck for a module..

Maybe I will try it without, and see what happen lol

prheaume

Reaction score
I've searching the web for the best deal. No doubt the best deal is in USA. On amazon.com, they ask 57$ for it. On amazon.ca ... 122$. Now I'm looking for an audio shop in USA near the borders where I can go buy it, I'm only 40 min of drive from Vermont.

oleg1981

Reaction score
I've searching the web for the best deal. No doubt the best deal is in USA. On amazon.com, they ask 57$ for it. On amazon.ca ... 122$. Now I'm looking for an audio shop in USA near the borders where I can go buy it, I'm only 40 min of drive from Vermont.

and what about the company that you gave me?

prheaume

Reaction score
they are open only 8-5 monday to friday, I have to take a day off to go pick up. If they were open on evening and weekends I would be more than happy to use them.

That is why I'm looking for an audio shop in Vermont, I've found one in Newport but they seems to don't answer to emails....

metalmike

Reaction score
Stereo shorts out fuse!!!!!!

I've recently installed a Pioneer Double dim stereo. I have a 2007 Equinox LT
I've been having a few issues with it.
About every 3 or 4 days the stereo doesn't turn on when I start the vehicle.
I have to pull out the fuse in the passenger side for it to restart.
The GMOS LAN 02 adapter i purchased for this was 3rd party.
The wiring and setup was done fine. We just can't figure out if the GMOS adapter is no good or if there is something wrong with the stereo that shorts out the fuse.

Anyone hear of that happen before or have any thoughts?

Thanks

prheaume

Reaction score
so whats happening man?

they email me that they can't use my account as it is a Canadian one and it won't work in USA. Back to beginning, can't figure out to pay the half of my total cost in shipping.

Will probably order from ebay

Staff online

Members online