Radio upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rephil

Reaction score
I have a standard radio and since I will need to upgrade hardware for ON-STAR in Canada does anyone know if a my link radio system can be put in to take advantage of an on screen map as opposed to just voice navigation. Would it be plug and play or would the wiring harness not work

pieter

Reaction score
It's definitely not plug-n-play, the BCM needs to be reprogrammed as well. If you want maps, use Google maps on your smart phone, works a charm and WAY more cost effective than changing the head unit.

ockiario

Reaction score
i have everything to put mylink in my but when i went the dealer to ask if they can reprogram it they say they can't. do you know if this is ture? i did buy the radio used off ebay.

Masterkevj

Reaction score
I would like to know as well. Doesn't have to be the mylink. Just want the touchscreen. I have the pioneer system with the standard dot matrix screen. Could I just get the screen and housing for it and connect it to the radio that's already in there?

Members online

No members online now.