Radio has NO power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farrow

Reaction score
Took my car to get a bumper dent fix , 2 cars rolling out the shop had to be jumped including mine. Got in the car to a blank radio screen. Won't come on for nothing. Anyone know a fix to this ? Worked fine before it went into the shop , was it the jump start that caused it ? The anti theft system ? Low battery ? Please help. Thank you it's a 2017 Chevy equinox LS .

ricklack

Reaction score
Always start with a fully charged battery - if they jumped it, then it may be weak or at minimum need a deep charging.

TopHat

Reaction score
Check the fuses for the radio, probably result of a jump rather than actually charging the battery. It could be more than fuses though,

"Like most electronics, a power surge can cause damage to the electronic systems of a modern car. A seemingly well-meaning jumpstart can cause said power surge and impact the effectiveness of onboard computers, safety systems, damage the engine and be the result of expensive repairs."

SE77

Reaction score
Yikes, probably fried a fuse. I'd be going back there to complain.

Members online

No members online now.