Problem climbing hills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lilalaric

Reaction score
Today while driving home I had to climb some mountains in my 2017 Equinox. The tach, speedometer, and temp gauge began to bounce around. I began to get notices that “Eco mode on”, ”Check stabilitrak”, and “Check power steering” over and over again. Also the light came on for the steering and traction control. I pulled over after a couple minutes and turned the car off. We checked under the hood and under the car for any leaks or signs of something wrong.

This is the truly annoying part…when the car was turned on again, all lights and messages were gone, and the car ran fine. I tried the My Chevrolet app, and according to its diagnostic, everything was working properly.

any ideas?

Lilalaric

Reaction score
Update: We took the vehicle to AutoZone to check for codes. It said it couldn’t connect to the transmission control module. But would that cause all my gauges to jump around, including the temp gauge?

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
I had a 91 s10 blazer. It had intermittent power loss issues. The gauges fluctuated, too. It was the ECM.
I would have your battery and terminals checked, too.

Members online

No members online now.