Power locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimSTL

Reaction score
I have both keys to my Equinox. I want to run the defrosters with one key in the ignition. The other key will be with me outside of the car and the doors locked. However, the doors won't lock with the engine running. How do I do this?

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
I know in Old Body Style Equinox you could still lock the door using the Remote while the key is in the engine.

I'm not sure if that will work in the New Body Style.

Its an anti lock out feature. No one wants to be locked out of their vehicle while their car is burning fuel.

kiscart

Reaction score
Only works if you have two keys.

with one key in the car and it is running , open your drivers door and stand out, hit the power lock switch and all the doors will lock and 2 seconds later the drivers door will unlock. Shut the drivers door and with the "other key" insert it in drivers door lock and turn to lock. All the doors will remained locked. the only way to open is with the Key inserted in the lock again and open manually, then you can open the door and hit the power unlock switch for the rest of the doors. Remote button will not unlock any doors you have to use key. Confused ?? I have to do this in summer with the Air running for the Dog when it is too hot to leave him.

Members online