People are insane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
So in the TDI forums....people are complaining about not getting the advertised EPA ratings of 42mpg on the highway.

The best mpg I have had driving back and forth in and out of Phoenix is 35mpg. We went to Tucson cruise on 79mph and got 37.9 manually calcing the mileage. Maybe its because of the stop and go traffic but even on the highway road trip never got close....any ideas???

I just get a kick out of this....Its the manufactures fault, its not the fact I'm driving 79mph down the road and still getting better fuel economy than 95% of the cars on the road! Why do people not accept responsbility for things these days? I guess things like this get to me, as I work for a manufacture and get to deal with issues like this on product performance/adjustment concerns. Its always our problem, but 99.99% of the time its user related

Oh well rant over...

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
What with all the rules and regulations that the government has to day Darwinism does not work anymore.
This in turn makes it easier for Stupid people to bread and multiply.
They will take over the world soon.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I think that it is a realistic thought that a vehicle that weighs 1-2 tons can move over 80 mph and get 50mph...

Who can run for a longer duration of time, distance and speed?

A fat man about 275-320

Or a athletic man weight in around 180-200...

Really, if you want great gas mileage in any vehicle you never fast accelerate. But always keep a larger distance from the person in front of you. Accelerate like a granny. Allow your car to take on speed down hills while feathering the gas on the way up. Stay within the speed limit by +/- 5mph...

If you drive like this, you should have nothing to complain about...

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Most stupid people own a prius!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I think everyone that drives one on the highway has to drive 85+...Could never figure out why get a car designed around fuel economy (its the I hate cars fan club but must drive them), but at the same time, drive it like a bat out of hell, thus ruining any possible gains you would've gotten from the fuel economy.

prheaume

Reaction score
Most stupid people own a prius!

The guy who own my appartment drive a Prius. He always tell me about how my truck is bad for the planet and how his car is the best. One day he was jammed on the snow, I've put the pedal to the medal to make the AWD work and get out of the driveway haha

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Gosh i would think if i lived in Canada, i would for sure have some type of AWD or 4x4. haha could you imagine some dude putting a lift kit and snow tires on a prius. :signs8:

prheaume

Reaction score
Lifted trucks are common here .. but nos as common as lowered honda's ... sick of that. we don't have the road for low cars and low profile tires. there is a ton of busted tires down here cause of hole in the street!

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Whenever i see a lowered Honda i laugh, especially if the rims are worth more than the car. Its cracks me up because with as low profile as the tires are you know one good solid pot hole and you have a nice damaged rim and an even worse suspension.

prheaume

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I have a customer at the job complaining about his tire and wheels at the job. He has a Z4 with 19'' stock rims ... blow two rims and the tire are factory back order (goodyear ls2) .. supposed to be released on september... Love my nox with balloon tires lol

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
There are a lot of jokers around here driving lifted caprice's on 24's... They should be shot if they complain about fuel mileage...

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I have a customer at the job complaining about his tire and wheels at the job. He has a Z4 with 19'' stock rims ... blow two rims and the tire are factory back order (goodyear ls2) .. supposed to be released on september... Love my nox with balloon tires lol

Thats exactly why i opted for the 18's on mine instead up going to the 19's still plenty of tire to absorb bumbs and potholes. While still adding some nice handling.

Members online