p0420 fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvairbob

Reaction score
ok i have the 2013 equinox nd i get the p0420 code all day long. i know why because the engine burned so much oil i had to have a refinery in the backyard to keep up. anyway because we do not live in a test state i drilled out the cat so the engine could breath after i rebuilt the engine.

so what i want to do is put one of those extenders on the back 02 sensor, has anyone tried this and if so does it really work. i know i can give it a try but before i go thru the trouble just to find out it is not going to work maybe some guys here have done it and can tell me what adapter works. i heard that you can install an adapter on the back 02 sensor and that will keep that from setting a code.

does that work? if so what type of adapter as i see tons of styles on ebay and i do not want to experiment.

thanks

comp

Reaction score
are you talking about the spark plug oil fouler adapters ? sold a bunch to customers never heard that it worked

corvairbob

Reaction score
yes i put a few on cars and they worked but i think i put one on my girls equinox and it failed so maybe some here have had this work and can tell the type of extender they used so i do not have to do a lot of test fits to find one that will work. thanks