Oil change to full synthetic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pallen1967

Reaction score
What oil brands should I be considering and should I also be looking at the high mileage type

95-007

Reaction score
What oil brands should I be considering and should I also be looking at the high mileage type
I have many good results related to MOBIL 1 full synthetic in all of my vehicles. I use the 20,000 mile version and I swear by it. Additionally, always use the maunfactures recommended or insisted (in the case of turbo charged engines) oil filters. Some substituted off-brands are real garbage.

gbynum

Reaction score
I've been a Mobil1 fan for years, but GM upped the aftermarket market with DEXOS. I believe any oil that passes is darn good!

renossuv

Reaction score
I will not try to sell you on any particular brand of oil, but make sure it meets the basic requirements like viscosity (i.e. 5W-30, 10W-30), DEXOS1 Gen 2, API SN Plus, SN, SL, GF5, GF4. I personally have been using Costco Kirkland brand 'Full Synthetic' and AC Delco oil filters for 3yrs now, changing every 4-5k miles. I even tow a 16ft Travel Trailer 4x a year. For vehicles that use conventional oils, then I would say to use High Mileage oils, but not with synthetics.

Big Papi

Reaction score
Anything on this list of the recommended viscosity that brings you joy. Some are a wee bit better than others and learning to read the PDS (product data sheets) will free you from relying on random anonymous internet opinion in making a selection. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.