Newby here 2018 Chevy Equinox LT with Radio and Rearview camera problem!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Papo

Reaction score
Checking to see if anybody here is having the same problem with the radio and rearview camera? About three month ago my radio went complete out, no screen no sound except a popping sound coming out of the
speekers every ten to fifteen minutes. and after about two or three hours while I was driving everything came back except the rear view camera.

Last edited:

Papo

Reaction score
Hi Papo,

Have you checked all fuses? it's fuse F40.
Yes I did , Took it to the dealer for a diagnostic and they said is problably the screen on the radio .They want $985 and they not guarantee tha will fix the problem. Thank you.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
wow, these entertainment systems are important to the function of so many features and they just don't build them to last.

SteveK

Reaction score
wow, these entertainment systems are important to the function of so many features and they just don't build them to last.
we do not know the year of the vehicle, maybe it is past the best before date.
That said, Op, have you got into this yourself checking the input wires behind the head. Did the dealer? If it partially came on after a drive it sounds like a bad connection, a bump later fixed, for now

Papo

Reaction score
we do not know the year of the vehicle, maybe it is past the best before date.
That said, Op, have you got into this yourself checking the input wires behind the head. Did the dealer? If it partially came on after a drive it sounds like a bad connection, a bump later fixed, for now
The car is a 2018 Equinox it has 60,000 miles .I dont thinck the dealer check enyting, they did charge me $190 for the diagnostic . I dont think is a bad connction because the radio screen goes black when i star the car

SteveK

Reaction score
checked my manual and there is actually a setting to turn off the display. longshot.
TurnDisplayOff:Touch to turn the display off. Touch anywhere on the infotainment display or press any infotainmentcontrol on the center stack again to turn the display on.

Members online

No members online now.