New here and need some help with a weird issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Critter119

Reaction score
hey all i am new here and have a super weird issue going on with my 2016 LT with a 2.4l. Every time the abs brake activate the radio screen shuts off, doesn’t trigger an abs light or code, but I do get a notification from ONSTAR saying to have it serviced. the radio is working but when you connect to bluetooth it sounds like a radio station cutting in and out.
i am starting to wonder If there is a loose ground wire, as a couple years ago I had to have the rear main, timing chain and the transfer case all replaced and have found a few things that were left loose by the shop that did it.

what I am asking has anyone dealt with this or does anyone have a wiring diagram that would show me the location of grounds?

Reaction score
Try a Reset by disconnecting the Batt for a couple minutes. Go to a Auto Parts store an get a FREE Code read.

BeezieThaOne

Reaction score
hey all i am new here and have a super weird issue going on with my 2016 LT with a 2.4l. Every time the abs brake activate the radio screen shuts off, doesn’t trigger an abs light or code, but I do get a notification from ONSTAR saying to have it serviced. the radio is working but when you connect to bluetooth it sounds like a radio station cutting in and out.
i am starting to wonder If there is a loose ground wire, as a couple years ago I had to have the rear main, timing chain and the transfer case all replaced and have found a few things that were left loose by the shop that did it.

what I am asking has anyone dealt with this or does anyone have a wiring diagram that would show me the location of grounds?
Hey, I would maybe look around the areas that were worked on to look for damage to the wire harness. There a possibility there could be a fault in the wiring. Check your fuses first. It could just be something simple like a loose fuse

Members online