Newbie--Fuel Gauge Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c&wsinbad

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum. Recently purchased a 2018 Premier 2.0T FWD. I'm really enjoying getting the technology set for the way we use a vehicle. Came from a 2014 Malibu 2.0T so many of the features are very similar.

I've encountered a problem with the fuel gauge--it doesn't register full even when the tank is full. Gauge only goes to about 3/4 to 7/8 point. There were similar issues with the 2014 Malibu vehicles as well, although I was fortunate and didn't experience that. Do any of you have any experience with this issue? I have an appointment for next Tuesday to have the dealer begin their trouble-shooting/repair process.

kastner03

Reaction score
there’s been a lot of issues with abfe9b8ce839d08b1c07e6ab82855bda.jpg 30c48ac925c39be0e0aaf7db090ab528.jpg

this info is from another equinox forum, apparently it’s a somewhat common issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c&wsinbad

Reaction score
Service adviser insisted that I had to make an appointment and bring the vehicle in when I contacted them about this issue. I told him I was aware of the TSB and just wanted my vehicle annotated as having the issue, and would he confirm that the TSB was still valid/open. He insisted it had to come in. I took the vehicle in this morning and a different service adviser logged me in. He came back about 10 minutes later with my key; said there was a TSB covering all 2018 Equinox and Terrain vehicles and there would probably be a recall later. (Frustrated that the original service adviser took the position he did, but glad to know that GM is still working the issue--hoping for a solution soon.)

Members online

No members online now.