Newbie with issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Powers145

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone! been a lurker for years finally decided i need help... i have a 12 nox 2.4, wife said cars sputtering on take off and was getting the chain chatter at cold starts. time to do the chains. i did not have a cel prior to opening it up. I bought the cloyes timing chain kit and balance shaft kit. Engine at TDC on exhaust stroke. intake valves about to open. intake at 2 oclock exhaust at 10 oclock (2&10 are on the cam gears not the cam nothces) got everything in and torqued go for a test drive, p0011 code now on the dash. same stutter at take off. no chain chatter. pulled it in and ripped all apart again... felt like 200 revolutions to get the primary chain color marks to all match up again. everything still looks good. swapped in the old vvt solenoids reistalled everything went for a drive again. same issue.... does anyone have any ideas where to point me to im at a loss and been searching the forum all day to figure this out. also the phasers that came in the kit had the same part number.... could i have them mixed up and there should be an intake phaser and exhaust phaser?

Members online