New Member - Owner of 2005 Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yahoo56

Reaction score
Hello, I am an owner of a 2005 Equinox. Recently, my engine has been running rough. When the shifter is in drive or park, I can feel the inside of the car vibrate.

Currently, I do not have a check engine light on, but I am suspecting that the EGR Valve is bad. The EGR tube has had a crack in it for awhile. GM sent out a Technical Bulletin years ago indicating that they redesigned the EGR Tube and made it shorter.

Can someone suggest if they had success on buying the EGR kit online instead of at the Dealer?

I need help as soon as possible.

Thank you

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I would be looking into spark plugs and wires first, personally. There may not be a engine code but there might be a pending misfire code. The ecm will do all it can to through fuel and air properties into the engine to keep it running right. Sometimes when a vehicle isn't running right, it takes time for it to display a light.

How many miles are on your car?

Welcome to the site! Post up some pictures when you get a chance.

yahoo56

Reaction score
Engine running rough

Thank you for responding. I have about 124,000 miles. At 100,000 miles I changed out the spark plugs and wires. I used AC Delco iridium plugs, if that makes a difference.

Members online

No members online now.