message notifications for samsung phone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbeardedbuddy

Reaction score
Hi, hoping this isn't already discussed. is there a reason my '23 Equinox will not notify me re text messages on my phone? My phone is a Samsung S21 Ultra. I have no issue with making/receiving calls, that part works fine, but I do not receive text messages. They go to my phone, but there is no audio notification. In fact, my message notification sound on my phone is muted when the car is running. I tried disabling Android Auto on my phone, still no go. Has this happened to anybody else? Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

bigbeardedbuddy

Miguel

Reaction score
Following this thread.
On my previous car - Dodge with Uconnect I would receive and was able to see sms on the infotainment system.
Also, on my Bluetooth settings the "my Chevrolet "has the Message Access" toggle on.

bigbeardedbuddy

Reaction score
My 2018 Impala was able to do that. When you refer to Bluetooth settings and My Cheverolet, do you mean there is a setting on the infotainment system of the car?

bigbeardedbuddy

Reaction score
Well surely there must be some sort of functionality I'm missing here then. As mentioned previously, not only do messages not go through, but the notification sound on my phone is muted when the car is running. And Miguel, not sure what kind of phone you have (mine is a Samsung S21 Ultra), but I couldn't find a display similar to yours. The closest I could find was that My Cheverolet did not have permission to access my phone, which I granted, but haven't yet had the opportunity to try it out. If GM removed the message function and replaced it with Android Auto, then there must be some message functionality that I'm missing, because so far I haven't been able to get messages to come through.

Miguel

Reaction score
Well surely there must be some sort of functionality I'm missing here then. As mentioned previously, not only do messages not go through, but the notification sound on my phone is muted when the car is running. And Miguel, not sure what kind of phone you have (mine is a Samsung S21 Ultra), but I couldn't find a display similar to yours. The closest I could find was that My Cheverolet did not have permission to access my phone, which I granted, but haven't yet had the opportunity to try it out. If GM removed the message function and replaced it with Android Auto, then there must be some message functionality that I'm missing, because so far I haven't been able to get messages to come through.
Mine is a S23 Ultra.

bigbeardedbuddy

Reaction score
Only 1 step up from me then. My contract is up in a month, so that will likely be my replacement. I also posted an FB status explaining my issue, and by most of the replies I got, it appears I have to hardwire my phone into a usb port in order to get message functionality. I tried that, and it appears to have worked. My message notification tone is no longer muted, and I have the option to reply by talk to text, which were my 2 biggest concerns. Pain in the butt having to hardwire it every time, but if that's what it takes .......

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
I have an S8 and the text notification pops up on my gauge cluster screen, then you press the check mark and it reads it out loud. What trim level is your 'nox?

ricklack

Reaction score
I noticed this same issue when I got my 22, it happened with 2 different phones A71 and S23 Ultra - both Samsung.

I did realize that if I have Android Auto running, I get the notifications and the ability to listen and respond. In fact, this will read and reply to other chat programs, Whatsapp being one i have used.

What I am surprised to find is that you need to actually touch the dispaly screen to listen or reply, I would think voice commands could do this.

The other thing is that you need Android auto running on the screen, if you switch to the radio or Nav screen, you no longer get notifications.

Members online