Front brake work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tallbump

Reaction score
Ok, I need to put new pads on the front brakes on the wife's 05 Nox.

Will most likely go with Wearever Golds for about $40 from my local Advance Auto.

In my area, we have Advance, Auto Zone and Napa.

Any special tools needed, anythign unusual to keep in mind.

I know on my Bonneville you need the big allen or torque to get the caliper off. Anything like that on these?

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
For the fronts the only special tool is a caliper compressor. The caliper bolts all all the newer cars are regular bolt heads no more stupid torque or allen heads.

Much easier than the older days! Don't forget the no brake squeak liquid.

oleg1981

Reaction score
only ceramic!! no special tool needed. very easy job. don't forget before to open brake liquid reservouar under the hood!

Paul79UF

Reaction score
For the fronts the only special tool is a caliper compressor. The caliper bolts all all the newer cars are regular bolt heads no more stupid torque or allen heads.

Much easier than the older days! Don't forget the no brake squeak liquid.

For the caliper compressor, just pick up a multi-purpose "C" clamp.

I got mine from Harbor Freight tools for just a few bucks.

Oh, and some new cars do have those stupid Allen head caliper bolts. I helped a friend with a Ford Escape. We had to hunt in several stores for a 7mm hex head socket or wrench. What a pain. :mad3:

Members online