2012 Equinox LS - Steering Angle Module ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texas Yankee

Reaction score
My son's 2012 Equinox LS was in the repair shop where they bought tires (the shop also does other general repairs) and they told him that one of the lights on the dash (ABS indicator ?) was due to the Steering Angle Module needing to be replaced \ reset \ reflashed, and that their shop didn't do that type of work. A bit of research found Steering Angle Sensor (is that the same thing ?). I called a local Chevy Service Department and they tell me $76 for the part and 3 hours of labor totaling $645. I've called a local shop that does the kind of work I was told needed to be done - I'm waiting to hear back from them.

The repair shop told me that IF the Steering Angle Module isn't replaced, the impact would be that the ABS portion of the brakes will operate like regular brakes, versus ABS brakes.

This stuff is way beyond my knowledge of auto repairs - does it make sense? If not, what questions should I ask?

Also, if the Steering Angle Module stuff sounds right, can anyone give me a ballpark guess on what this type of repair should cost?

Thanks !

Members online