Exhaust Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgia Nox

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to install the dual exhaust muffler from the 6 cylinder to a 4 cylinder 2012 Nox along with the appropriate dual exhaust rear fascia? Expensive, yes, but looks SO much better. Can it even be done?

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I am sure that it can be done but my advice to you is call a couple local muffler shops and ask if the can provide you the somewhat factory look. This should allow you to get the factory look while paying a after market price.

At least that is where I would start.

Georgia Nox

Reaction score
I have a chance to get all the parts from a wrecked 2012 model at pretty good price. Just not sure it will all fit up.

mirageman

Reaction score
I just did this today. I realize your question is 10 years old, but your old question is someone's new one. I have a 2012 with a 2.4 that had a rusted and holey single muffler that sounded awful. I ordered the 6 cylinder dual exhaust muffler with great looking tips from Rockauto (Walker 50081) for just a bit more than the 4 cylinder single tip. Rubber mounting points appear to be the same, not sure if exact, but all 3 are hanging just fine. There are 2 issues. 1)Cutting out holes on the bumper as these duals sit higher than the single. Just hang the muffler with the tips under the bumper and cut up after you're sure it is centered right. I used a grinder. I'm going to hot knife cut around the tips better in the next few days and perhaps get some kind of edging to make it look better than just a cutout. I'm not buying another bumper. 2) The intake pipe on the 3.0 muffler is shorter and points down like 25°, it doesn't have the necessary bend that the 2.4 muffler has to meet the middle pipe. I found an almost perfect solution at Autozone for $8.99. It is a 2 1/2 inch exhaust tip with an almost perfect angle. I cut a little here and there and about 2 inches from the center pipe on the truck and oiled up the connections and straightened it out before clamping. I stretched out the intake of the muffler with a 2 1/2 inch rent-a-tool also from autozone because it wasn't perfectly round. I overstretched a bit, though. It sounds quiet, no rumbling at all, and looks fantastic.

Last edited:

Members online