2016 Replaced Exhaust Solenoid now surging at idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexSolo

Reaction score
A couple of days ago the engine light came on, went to Autozone and did the test to see what is going on. Gave the P0014 and P0013 errors and recommened replacing the Exhaust VVT Solenoid and the sensor for the Exhaust Camshaft Bank 1. Took it to the autoplace next door after I bought the parts and he installed them. Immediately after leaving I felt a weird lurch and the minute I came to a complete stop, the car was lurching/surging badly. I drove it around for a bit to see if it might just be the new parts working themselves out(I know it probs sounds dumb), but it continued to do it so I drove back to Autozone to do the diagnostic test again to see what was up before I took it back. Said there was still an issue with the Exhaust VVT but didn't recommend changing the part. After I left Autozone the lurching/surging stopped, but I went back to the repair place since I was still getting the error message. Mechanic says must be a bad solenoid and to go get a new one to swap out. Wondered if anyone had a similar issue or thoughts on it. He swears he cleaned it when he put the new part in. I just don't want to run in to the same thing again when he replaces it.

corvairbob

Reaction score
you may have got a bad solenoid. if the issues stopped then it is possible the vvt has worked out a bug if it returns go get another exh vvt and have it installed to see if the issue goes away. if the lurch has gone and not returned it may have worked out and the system is good.

Members online

No members online now.