2016 equinox P0011 p0366 p 0017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dkoch

Reaction score
2016 2.4 L v4, 66k miles. Was moving slowly in traffic had issue accelerating and engine died twice. On star came back with p0011 code. Drive about a mile home, once out of traffic seemed to run fine but solid CEL remained on. Replace VVT intake solonoid. CEL went off immediately and on star confirmed no codes.
Drove about 25 miles solid CEL came on. Onstar came back with code p0011 and p0366. Drove about 10 miles home. About a mile from home at stop light got a low oil pressure warning. When I accelerated to pull over it went a way.
Checked oil and nothing on dip stick. Checked vvt and saw small amount of oil around it. Also saw oil below engine on right side. Removed vvt and could see oil.
Added about 2.5 quarts and oil is now partially on dipstick. Plugged code reader in p0011 p0017 p0366.
Engine ran rough at idle and died. Tried again and died almost immediately.
Ant ideas on if I trashed engine. Will likely have it towed to dealer soon.
Thanks in advance.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Low oil can cause some catastrophic damage and it doesn't take long. Good luck, I hope it's not too bad.

Uluz2a6

Reaction score
It sounds like that engine was way low on oil. Starved the VVT solenoids, stretched timing chain, bearings, etc.

I just bought 2 this week from customers that can't afford to repair.

Love these SUVs, but this oil consumption issue is frustrating.

Members online

No members online now.