equinox 2015 stability and traction control light intermitten

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ycjf

Reaction score
equinox 2015 4 cyl awd 170,000km, traction control light and stability control light comes on frequently for only about 5 to 30 seconds (while driving does not happen on start up), no stability or traction service message, no engine light, no abs light, no erratic engine issues, no abs code or engine codes where do I start troubleshoothing? Thanks for any help.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
check and clean the wheel speed sensors and the tone ring. It could be a bad sensor, bad ring or bad control module, too.

ycjf

Reaction score
Good day Vern, if it was the case shoul nt I get an abs light as well? and a code for the faulty sensor or ring? Thanks

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Good day Vern, if it was the case shoul nt I get an abs light as well? and a code for the faulty sensor or ring? Thanks
I would say yes if the ring was caked with rust or dirt, but if its only in a few places, maybe not. It is just seeing a discrepancy between the wheel speeds or at least that is my thought.

ycjf

Reaction score
Thanks that is a good thought, is it possible to check the the ring without dis -assembly? perhaps with a inspection camera?
any suggestion? it would quite a pain to disassemble the 4 assy to check.

Thanks again

ycjf

Reaction score
WOW

Asked my sun to check out oa fews things including any inadvetent activation of the button ( with elbow, purse ,bag. eyeware case ect)

This is the culprit see photos

Attachments

• equinox traction control light 1.JPG
    equinox traction control light 1.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 4
  • equinox traction control light 2.JPG
    equinox traction control light 2.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 4

hogking

Reaction score
I have a 2012 and had all traction control lights on, I first swapped all 4 sensors at the wheels and that didn't fix it. I got a better code reader and found out that it was the abs module, witch is not easy find. I found one used on eBay and replaced it and then took it to a Chevy dealership and had them program it to the car. A couple of hundred dollars later and everything is good.

Members online