Engine stall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Easton1dad

Reaction score
My 2013 Chevy Equinox has stalled on me about a hand full of times in the last couple months when I put it in reverse and start backing up. What could be causing it to stall? Has anyone else had the same or similar issue. No warning lights or check engine lights or anything.

Svard75

Reaction score
My 2013 Chevy Equinox has stalled on me about a hand full of times in the last couple months when I put it in reverse and start backing up. What could be causing it to stall? Has anyone else had the same or similar issue. No warning lights or check engine lights or anything.

Your vehicle really needs to plugged into a scantool capable of reading and logging sensor information while putting the vehicle into the same scenario to reproduce the problem.
A dirty O2 sensor would affect all driving conditions not just in reverse. Normal operation of an O2 sensor is to get dirty, however during driving the soot should be burned off unless it's a heated O2 sensor. If the soot does not burn off you're looking at a complete failure of the catalyst which is an expensive repair. You most definitely would have a MIL (Service Engine Soon Light) of P0130,P0150 again depends on the issue.

Members online

No members online now.