Droid/Chevy Ld

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UKIANN

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a newbie, please be patient. I bought a brand new 2014 Equinox LT last year and I love it so far except for one issue. When I use my google navigation map on my Samsung S5 Android, there is no audio for direction. I get the map and turn by turn directions but am unable to get audio. I am paired with Bluetooth an the Verizon Tech told me that the blue tooth might be the issue. All the volumes are up and the phone & app are in good condition. Has anyone ever had this problem? What to do?..

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I've heard that this has been a issue. My thinking is that they are doing this from the factory to coerce people to buy the navigation through onstair. I don't have any facts on this or will they admit to this being factual if it were true.

Does the map from your phone show up on the screen? If all you are looking for is the audio, I would utilize the auxiliary input with a 3.5mm jack that will attach your phone to the vehicle.

UKIANN

Reaction score
droid/chevy lady

Thanks for the reply. I will ask my son to do this since this is his forte in general. I will let you know if this works. I will also contact my dealer since I also believe this might be a motivation to go with On Star. I had a 6 month free trial period and kept it for about two months after the freebie. It was 29.99 a month, then it went to 35.00 a month and I quit them. I'll be back.

Members online