Dealer installed Keyless entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

electricdiver

Reaction score
I was looking through the latest sales email spam from Chevy and noticed a keyless entry keypad (part no 85540054). Thought this would be nice when going to the beach, anywhere near the water really, when I don't want to have the fob in my pocket. Requires dealer install and calibration of course. In the product FAQ it mentions it's battery powered. Battery supposed to last 6 years but doesn't say how it gets changed. Even though changing the battery was specifically part of the "question" - a question that is obviously written by the sales team; they write a question and then don't even answer the whole thing. :unsure: Changing the battery is actually a interesting point. Does anybody have experience with one of these? Sounds like it's basically a fob stuck onto the door?

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
My guess is that the dealer will need to reprogram at the time of battery install. another charge the dealer can soak you for.

Members online

Latest posts