Best Factory Service Manual Source for 2020 Equinox?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackT

Reaction score
At one point I worked for a dealership. NOTHING comes close to the factory service manuals. Can I buy them anywhere for my 2020 Equinox without a subscription? I don't care about the entire line of GM vehicles or the latest TSBs and recalls. Baring that, what is the next best source for a decent manual? PDF is fine. It needs to have good wiring diagrams as well. TIA

Big Papi

Reaction score
Factory service manuals may not be the best choice for a vehicle owner. Assuming training and equipment not available to the average DIY owner/mechanic these specialized manuals may be of little use in some situations. I would suggest something perhaps a bit more useful but still comprehensive. For a one time fee that mirrors the cost of a paper manual you can have access to information that you can download and save for future reference. Two popular choices are ALLDATAdiy and Mitchell1. Have a look at both and set aside an afternoon to download your preference.

JackT

Reaction score
AllDataDIY doesn't have support for the Equinox. I have seen Mitchell and didn't like them. I worked with the factory manuals at the dealership and I'll see how close I can get to them. AllData says that's what they are based off from so I was hopeful but oddly, no support for GM's #2 seller.

Big Papi

Reaction score
AllDataDIY doesn't have support for the Equinox. I have seen Mitchell and didn't like them. I worked with the factory manuals at the dealership and I'll see how close I can get to them. AllData says that's what they are based off from so I was hopeful but oddly, no support for GM's #2 seller.
Well dang you're right, no option for the Equinox. Apologies, I shoud'a checked first.

JackT

Reaction score
Yeah, kinda weird because it is GM's #2 seller, second only to the Silverado, and Equinoxes have a lot in common from 2018 to present. It is preposterous to even consider they would not support them, but they don't. There are sources that advertise a factory OEM copies of the manual via PDF, and I have no issue with buying from them, but I don't know how real they are, which I was hoping to flush out here from someone who did buy one. The $50 is not the problem. Time spent determining that it is inaccurate or missing critical information when you need it is the problem.

Brennb

Reaction score
Alldata lists the Equinox under "Chevy Truck"

Members online

Latest posts