2020 Equinox Nav App

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcodom

Reaction score
Greetings, everyone!

I came across this forum after doing some searching around, and was curious if anyone can help me out with what I am looking for. My wife recently acquired her grandfather's 2020 Equinox after he passed away. One of the things we have been trying to figure out is how to pull up the Navigation on the infotainment screen. When we do try to pull up the Navigation app in the shortcut at the bottom, it tells us that we need an active OnStar subscription. Her grandfather never had an OnStar account that we were aware of (he had SiriusXM but we had that cancelled since we don't use it much). So I'm curious if the 2020 LTZ model that we own has the same Navigation app that is described in the manual, and if so how do we get to it? Or does this particular model have to have OnStar enabled? I have a screenshot of the main menu of the infotainment screen that shows the main apps that she has for her car. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

20211121_180207.jpg

Wanderer

Reaction score
You need an Onstar account for that nav app. If you connect your smartphone though you can use Waze, etc using Android Auto or Apple Carplay. That's what I do in my 2018 Equinox. It works great.

Milham

Reaction score
Wanderer,
I've got a question that you might be able to help me with. We have a 2020 Equinox LT and do not use Onstar but do use Android Auto and Waze with our Samsung S21+ for navigation. When we first got the Nox we could get into the car and it would immediately recognize our Samsung and we could use Waze for navigation. For some reason things have changed and now we have to connect our phones via cable for Waze to work. Any ideas anyone?

CoolDad

Reaction score
They have to be connected via a USB cable to use Android Auto and the apple crap. They are NOT going to give us an update to change that. The Bluetooth connection will do the phone calls, messaging, and stream music but not the other stuff. I bought a Bluetooth android auto adapter that plugs into the USB and allows wireless connection from my S20 to the Equinox.

Members online

No members online now.