AWD advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricklack

Reaction score
I am buying a 2013 LT with AWD. This is my first AWD vehicle, I had a friend tell me not to buy snow tires and try it with the Michelin Lattitudes it comes with. They are pretty new as the car has 75,000km and were recently replaced. I drive a LOT for work (60-70,000km/yr) and have always used snows. I live in southern Ontario near Ottawa so I am a bit leery of this advice. I'd love to hear from anyone with an AWD to get your input. Thx in advance!

kingstonian

Reaction score
I had snows on a Suzuki XL7 and would not have been without them, the mileage that you travel they would make sense, but don't forget they are a softer compound and wont last forever.

I'll be buying snows for my 2015 Nox this coming season.

ricklack

Reaction score
I had snows on a Suzuki XL7 and would not have been without them, the mileage that you travel they would make sense, but don't forget they are a softer compound and wont last forever.

I'll be buying snows for my 2015 Nox this coming season.

Are you in Kingston, ON? That's where I work and bought my 2013, but I live an hour or so away.

I was checking to see if my Impala 16" wheels would fit my Nox but I find contradicting bolt pattern info, guess I will have to try them. I had extra wheels with tire pressure sensors on my Impala. I know I can get 16" tires that are same diameter as my 18" but no idea if the TPM sensors are compatible. If anyone knows either of these answers feel free to chime in!

LMP

Reaction score
"conventional" gm bolt pattern was 115 mm bolt circle diameter (like my 1993 Pontiac Transport). FOr the Equinox, starting in 2010 and at least some Buick, the new bolt pattern has a 120 mm diameter bolt circle....

FredG

Reaction score
I'm a little late with this discussion but I just wanted to add the factory tires are great in the snow. My 2014 Equinox performs unbelievable and it has 23000 miles on them....Make sure traction control is turned off in the snow, so the tires just keep moving.

Members online

No members online now.