android auto 2018 equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zinzoid

Reaction score
on my new 2018 equinox the android auto system was working fine till about 2 days ago now it is freezing up all the time I have tried changing cable and a different phone but same thing.
anyone else having this trouble?

18nox

Reaction score
on my new 2018 equinox the android auto system was working fine till about 2 days ago now it is freezing up all the time I have tried changing cable and a different phone but same thing.
anyone else having this trouble?

No issues with mine.... yours would be the first I've heard of.

I checked and there does appear to be some update/reset options in Settings.

Did you try these:

*Settings/Software Information/Software Update
OR
*Settings/Return To Factory Settings/Restore Radio Settings

If that doesn't work, you can try disconnecting the battery** (negative terminal), then hold your foot on the brake petal to completely drain the capacitors of all the reserve power, to be sure the power is completely removed from the electrical system/radio. Then, reconnect to see if that clears it up.

**However, be sure to research whether or not your head unit has a security code that might need to be entered at first boot up. Do your homework and locate that first before completely disconnecting the power.

If that doesn't work, call the dealer and make an appointment. That warranty is there for a reason.

Good luck and keep us posted!

zinzoid

Reaction score
I found the trouble it was the cable some cable work some don't does not matter if it is OEM or not.
thanks for the help

Members online