2018 Equinox Heater Blower Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drosey

Reaction score
Remote start will only run on low

Is anyone having problems with when using the remote starter that the blower will not come on at speed you leave it on? Mine comes on at the lowest speed so when it’s cold out I have to start it multiple times. The owners manual said it should start by the settings you leave it at. Dealer says that’s how the new cars work. I wouldn’t of spent $600 on a remote starter that comes on at lowest speed. I might as well go start it myself!!!!!!

JLM1990

Reaction score
YES got mine done too.. Finally ! HVAC CTRL MODULE Code 9934D

Just curious....was your remote start factory installed or installed after the fact? I have a "factory" remote start....but it was installed several weeks after I purchased the car.

JLM1990

Reaction score
Ok got mine fixed!!!needed a software update.it was a code 99ed0.program hvac control module as per 17na388. Hope this helps you

Just curious....was your remote start factory installed or installed after the fact? I have a "factory" remote start....but it was installed several weeks after I purchased the car.

TessaNorth

Reaction score
(not 100% sure how to update my original post. So I am making a reply)
The temps have warmed up and I have command started my car the last few mornings when it's been 6C or warmer, and the fan turns on. But that is the lowest temp so far that the fan will come on with command start. Anything in the negative Celsius it won't come on. I reckon it's a programming issue related to current outdoor temp. I emailed the GM contact that I originally discussed the problem with.

TessaNorth

Reaction score
**Issue Update**

I finally got the call from the dealer about an update that will solve the issue. I’ve taken it in and they have updated the code. So far so good. I had a couple of chillier days where I ran command start to test it and it was warm air in there. Hopefully it’s operating 100% correctly and I can enjoy command start this winter!

Mrnate

Reaction score
Mine works when I turn the fan on high and the temp all the way up .
Do you also have that high pitch whine ?

Hey there did you ever find out what the whine was? My 2018 is making a similar sound.

Members online

No members online now.