2018 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD Replacement Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charvel1975

Reaction score
Hello all
smile.gif
My 2018 Chevrolet Equinox AWD LT w/1LT package has what I believe are the factory tires when new; Bridgestone Ecopia H/L 422 Plus, tire size: 225 65 R 17 and the dealership where I bought it from and have it serviced at said 2 of the tires, I believe the fronts are worn down and they could not do tire rotation by Ohio law and recommended I get new tires. I live in Northeastern Ohio and know the winter's can get bad here at times but wanted to know if any other Ohio Equinox owners what tires you've used that have had good winter traction, wet weather handling, smooth ride & quite and have long tread life?

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
While I don’t check off all your pre-requisite boxes, I recently changed my tires on my 2019 to Goodyear Weather Ready tires. Supposed to be pretty good in the snow. So far in the rain they have been great. Have about 2000 miles on them. I wanted to get the same tires my wife has on the 2022 but they were too expensive and Goodyear was running a good promo for $200 rebate on a set.

ricklack

Reaction score
I am in Canada and use Michelin X-Ice - they check all your boxes. Of course these are snow tires, not all seasons. No substitute for snows in winter, especially in northern snowy states / provinces.

Snow tires with AWD is unbelievable, on my 2013 I tried all seasons first and quickly realized they were not enough. When I put snows on I felt the most confident driving in crappy winter weather. I got the 2022 last Dec and had them put new snows on alloys before I even picked it up. The 22 is just as great in the snow/ice as the 13 was.

Pretty sure the Ecopia are not OEM tires. I bought a set of those for my 2013 Nox and was not impressed.

Last edited:

Charvel1975

Reaction score
I'm on a budget and I saw Conrad's Tire has deal on the Goodyear Assurance All Season tires with Goodyear credit card. Are those any good?

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
I'm on a budget and I saw Conrad's Tire has deal on the Goodyear Assurance All Season tires with Goodyear credit card. Are those any good?
Yes I have these. The weather ready model which is supposed to be good in the snow. I have had good experiences in the rain with these tires so far. Pretty comfortable.

ricklack

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I had Michelin Cross Climate IIs on my 2013 Equinox. They are classified All Weather as opposed to ALL Season - which means you would get the insurance discount of your company offers that.

They were great on dry, wet, ice and snow but I only had them about 8,000km before I traded it in on my 2022. I made a trip to Florida and they were very quiet as well. They were wearing great and have a very good mileage rating but that wasn't long enough for me to have a good feel for overall mileage.

To me, this would be the best option if you don't want separate snow tires and summer tires. The only thing that does not check your box possibly is budget. Consider that with tires more than many items, you are likely to get what you pay for. A couple hundred now could save you in the long run for tire life and safety.

Charvel1975

Reaction score
I think I've narrowed it down to the Goodyear Maxlife or the Weatherready's, how are the Maxlife's?

spaycace

Reaction score
I've personally never had good luck with ANY goodyear tires I've had on my vehicles. The OE tires that came on my 2009 G8 had less than 20k miles on them, and I hydroplaned on a flat stretch of I-25 in Colorado ... luckily no one else was around me and I only did slight damage to my own vehicle. I understand that people have budgets, but when you think about the fact that the tire is one of the most important things on your car and providing safety to you and your family, is budget-friendly what's most important? Sure, you can spend less now, but if the tire doesn't last as long, you'll be spending more money on another set of tires sooner rather than later. The 2 tires you're considering are in different categories as well. The Maxlife is a Standard touring tire, whereas the the WeatherReady is a Grand Touring tire. According to Tirerack.com, both of the tires you've narrowed down to are 4th in their testing.

First off, the Maxlife: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ST&width=225/&ratio=65&diameter=17&tireSearch=true&filter=y&autoMake=Chevrolet&autoYear=2018&autoModel=Equinox+AWD&autoModClar=LT

Second, the WeatherReady: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=GTAS&width=225/&ratio=65&diameter=17&tireSearch=true&filter=y&autoMake=Chevrolet&autoYear=2018&autoModel=Equinox+AWD&autoModClar=LT

it also depends on where you live and what driving conditions you face most often. According to tirerack, the Continental TrueContact Tour performed the best in wet conditions in their testing, so if you live in an area with a lot of rain, this tire should be on your list.

As far as pricing goes ... the difference in cost on their website is $15 per tire from top ranked to 4th place for the touring, and $19 from 4th place to most expensive in the Grand Touring category. I've purchased many brands over many years, and keep coming back to Michelin and BF Goodrich tires. I currently have a set of Michelin Cross Climate II tires on my wife's Equinox. We took a trip to ski country in Colorado over New Year's weekend, and with over 13,000 miles already on the tires, I was able to leave the Equinox in FWD mode the whole time, even driving up the passes on packed snow, and some freshly fallen snow. It's my first set of these tires, but I liked them so much after about 5,000 miles, that I purchased a set of them for my daughter's Chevy Volt. I'll be purchasing another set for MY recently acquired 2019 Equinox when the time comes to replace the tires. I have not noticed any impact on fuel mileage compared to the OE tires on my wife's Equinox either. I can honestly say that tires are one thing I will not skimp on, as they are the only thing on the vehicle that touches the road, and my family's safety is one thing I won't put a budget on.

Last edited:

Charvel1975

Reaction score
Hello everyone 👋 I am having the Goodyear Assurance Comfortdrive tires installed today along with an alignment and free inspection and brake inspection at Conrad's Tire.

CoolDad

Reaction score
I've personally never had good luck with ANY goodyear tires I've had on my vehicles. The OE tires that came on my 2009 G8 had less than 20k miles on them, and I hydroplaned on a flat stretch of I-25 in Colorado ... luckily no one else was around me and I only did slight damage to my own vehicle. I understand that people have budgets, but when you think about the fact that the tire is one of the most important things on your car and providing safety to you and your family, is budget-friendly what's most important? Sure, you can spend less now, but if the tire doesn't last as long, you'll be spending more money on another set of tires sooner rather than later. The 2 tires you're considering are in different categories as well. The Maxlife is a Standard touring tire, whereas the the WeatherReady is a Grand Touring tire. According to Tirerack.com, both of the tires you've narrowed down to are 4th in their testing.

First off, the Maxlife: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ST&width=225/&ratio=65&diameter=17&tireSearch=true&filter=y&autoMake=Chevrolet&autoYear=2018&autoModel=Equinox+AWD&autoModClar=LT

Second, the WeatherReady: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=GTAS&width=225/&ratio=65&diameter=17&tireSearch=true&filter=y&autoMake=Chevrolet&autoYear=2018&autoModel=Equinox+AWD&autoModClar=LT

it also depends on where you live and what driving conditions you face most often. According to tirerack, the Continental TrueContact Tour performed the best in wet conditions in their testing, so if you live in an area with a lot of rain, this tire should be on your list.

As far as pricing goes ... the difference in cost on their website is $15 per tire from top ranked to 4th place for the touring, and $19 from 4th place to most expensive in the Grand Touring category. I've purchased many brands over many years, and keep coming back to Michelin and BF Goodrich tires. I currently have a set of Michelin Cross Climate II tires on my wife's Equinox. We took a trip to ski country in Colorado over New Year's weekend, and with over 13,000 miles already on the tires, I was able to leave the Equinox in FWD mode the whole time, even driving up the passes on packed snow, and some freshly fallen snow. It's my first set of these tires, but I liked them so much after about 5,000 miles, that I purchased a set of them for my daughter's Chevy Volt. I'll be purchasing another set for MY recently acquired 2019 Equinox when the time comes to replace the tires. I have not noticed any impact on fuel mileage compared to the OE tires on my wife's Equinox either. I can honestly say that tires are one thing I will not skimp on, as they are the only thing on the vehicle that touches the road, and my family's safety is one thing I won't put a budget on.
I second that Goodyear tires are not with the $ anymore. Even a local tire dealer who sells more Goodyear tires out of their shop than any other dealer in the area, told this by the Goodyear rep, always recommend other tires. They don't seal well on the rims, causing excessive wear and I've gotten better Traction, handling, and life out of other brands. I am currently running Falken Wildpeak tires and so far so good. No air leaks, have not had any problems with snow, this year has been light. They are louder but not like an off road tire.

beermanjoe

Reaction score
Go to Tirerack.com You can look at several tires in your size with reviews. You probably already got tires by now.

rideaway

Reaction score
Hello all
smile.gif
My 2018 Chevrolet Equinox AWD LT w/1LT package has what I believe are the factory tires when new; Bridgestone Ecopia H/L 422 Plus, tire size: 225 65 R 17 and the dealership where I bought it from and have it serviced at said 2 of the tires, I believe the fronts are worn down and they could not do tire rotation by Ohio law and recommended I get new tires. I live in Northeastern Ohio and know the winter's can get bad here at times but wanted to know if any other Ohio Equinox owners what tires you've used that have had good winter traction, wet weather handling, smooth ride & quite and have long tread life?
My used 2021 came with winter tires, but I'm done with having 2 sets and swapping out for winters every year, so I'm going to leave the winters on and wear them out and then switch to Michelin CrossClimate 2 All Weather Tires. They seems to have very good reviews.® 2 All Weather Tire

Members online